Let your art guide you - weekly challenge 7





Week 7 for me in the weekly challenge. Somehow, time has been kind'a bumpy for me in the last 3 weeks. Hard times at work, a bad spring-cold that kept me sniffing and coughing plus 3 business trips that were promising but exhausting. Still it felt good to devote a little time to painting, even if i didn't get as far as i wanted to.

The painting with the bowl full of roses was something i had begun a year ago and worked on again, since these colours felt soothing and relaxing somehow. It's not really roses time yet, but the cherry-trees are in full bloom with exact these shades of pink, accompanied by yellow things like daffodils and forsythia, so the mood seemd right. I'm aiming at something more abstract in the flower-department that i'm hoping to show you in the week to come.

Meanwhile, i'm all curious to see your new posts and will visit you very soon!
Come and create with us at art'n sewl

Photo with the cherry blossoms: Rüdiger Trautsch from Hamburg

5 comments:

  1. As always...FABULOUS!! Your art really speaks to me. Everything about it is just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you put the wrong link on the art n sewl blog,one from a few weeks ago ;)
    I love the colors you've used here. They're so bright and cheery-love flowere themes :)
    Hope you feel better soon !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Martina, Martina, Martina!! I just had a chance to get to my blogging and I saw your kind comment! Thank you for coming to visit and your work here is just exquisite! I wonder what it would be like to be a full-time artist....how are you? I am trying to always juggle my full-time teaching job with my emerging illustration and writing, and I am left with just the weekend to again juggle family life with my art. I have learned so much from bloggers and it is people like you who have inspired me; your colors actually encourage me to go further. I am a pen and ink quick-draw artist, but one day I would at least like to dabble in water colors.

    Thank you for the beauty you inspire and promote; I hope you weather is beautiful in Germany...we are having the most gorgeous spring here!

    Have a lovely weekend! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im having a rough couple of weeks too, but painting is soothing ain't it? I must say, your paintings have a relaxing effect on me, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got to tell you--- every week it is such a treat to see your work! I love it.. I love the colors, energy and how effortless it all looks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!